“If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as a Michaelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, ‘Here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.” - Martin Luther King Jr
1. IT'S FAMILIAR: A calling comes not just by looking forward to what you will do but by also looking back at what you have done.
2. IT'S SOMETHING OTHER PEOPLE SEE IN YOU: Sometimes, our vocations are more obvious to people who know us best. It is something you must have received few compliments from people for.
3. IT'S CHALLENGING: It must be difficult enough that not everyone can do it. It is said that what you can do better than 10000 people is your gift or Talent.
4. IT REQUIRES FAITH: It cannot be something so obvious that you can easily explain it. It must be mysterious but at the same time, you are sure deep down even if you can't explain it.
5. IT TAKES TIME: You have to fail your way in the right direction before you find it and this requires a lot of time and patience.
6. IT'S MORE THAN JUST ONE THING: It integrates well with the rest of your life, not competing with but complementing your top priorities.
7. IT IS BIGGER THAN YOU: The task must be so large that without a team of people, you cannot complete it on your own. And it must be about helping a vast majority of people.
8. IT MAKES YOU HAPPY: Finally, it must make you really happy, gives you a sense of belonging and fulfillment whenever you are carrying it out.
If you have found your calling, Please feel free to add how you came to be sure it was your calling.
For further reading, freely download TALENT - THE BOMB by ALEXANDER BUSYBRAIN.