“God… Sorry if these questions sound a little sarcastic. It’s just that I’ve been asking these for a very long time and I haven’t heard from you yet. Are you listening?”
1. Why don’t you show yourself? You supposedly made us and want us to believe in you, right? Why the big mystery? You’re also omnipresent, right? Why don’t you show yourself to all of us at once and have a personal discussion with us? You can pick the date and time, we’ll all stop what we are doing, I’m sure.
2. Did you really make Eve from one of Adam’s ribs? Why didn’t you make her from dust just like Adam? And, why do men and women have the same number of ribs if you stole one from Adam to make Eve?
3. Why do you make your followers suffer so much? Why do they die at the hands of other religions? Can’t you put a stop to this? You’re omnipotent, right? Can you ‘show us your stuff’?
4. Was physics different when Noah built the ark? I mean, seriously… how did he get all the animals from all over the world… and the dinosaurs, etc. on that boat? How did he get penguins to the Middle East? How did he get them back after the big flood? Why didn’t the dinosaurs eat all the sheep?
5. Why is there war? How does it agree with “Thou Shalt Not Kill”? Why are there so many wars in Your Name? Didn’t you even order Moses to do a lot of killing?
6. Why did you make us such sinful creatures? You are all-powerful and all-knowing, right? Why did you give us the ability to do things you call sinful? Why, then, do you punish us for doing exactly what you created us to do?
7. Did people just make up heaven as a place to go when you die because they were too afraid to tell the children that when you die… that’s it? End of story… game over?
8. How does ‘immaculate conception’ work? We really don’t understand that one down here. Are you just covering for some out-of-wedlock behavior?
9. Why do you want to destroy everyone that doesn’t believe in you? Why make them burn in hell for eternity? Couldn’t you have been a little kinder and just given all these people the capability to believe in you? Don’t you take any pride of ownership in what you created?
10. Why did you tell us in the Bible that the Earth, Sun, moon and the Heavens are fixed on pillars and cannot move?
11. How are we to believe that we were created from dust? There’s lots of evidence that we evolved from other creatures. Should we just ignore this? Should we be happy to have been created from dust rather than a fish?
12. Why do we find evidence of all the creatures that lived before us, yet most of them are not mentioned by you? And, why do we not find evidence of some of the species you mention in the Bible like fiery serpents or giants that towered over us like we were grasshoppers?
13. Why do you punish babies for the wrong-doings of their parents?
14. Why do you give us the capabilities for logic and reason, yet do not want us to apply these skills when it comes to you?
15. How old is the earth? The universe? You gave us plenty of evidence that they were not created 8-10 thousand years ago as your book says (and your followers try to force on us). You are omniscient, so we won’t bore you with our findings because you already know, right? Are you planning a 2nd edition to the Bible to correct these blatant errors? Was the devil on your editorial staff?
16. Why does the bible have an “Old Testament” and a “New Testament”? Didn’t you get it right the first time? If you are infallible, why did you need an update?
17. If there are so many religions and each thinks their beliefs are the only right ones and that everyone else is wrong, then most people are wrong – and if one religion is right, most people on the planet consider that one wrong. So which religion is the one that is right?
18. Are we free to make our own choices? If we are, how can we say that you opened up an opportunity for us? Wasn’t the opening of that opportunity the result of someone else’s free choice?
19. Did Adam really live to 930 years of age? Seth 912 years? Enos 905 years? How are we supposed to believe this, when over history, man is living longer and longer due to cleanliness and medicine? Were things cleaner back then? Had you not created all the illnesses and disease that you’ve given us now?
20. Why must I be forgiven for my sins by you, who has committed sins far greater than those of which I am capable? I have not unleashed a flood, killing the entire planet’s population save for a handful of people who worship me unquestioningly. I have not asked a man to sacrifice his son to prove his loyalty to me.
God I still have more questions for you but am going pause for now and let my dear readers ask their own questions. And, yes of course your fellowes are free to answer any of these questions.