The chicken is one of the most common and widespread domestic animals , with a population of more than 19 billion as of 2011. Humans keep chickens primarily as a source of food, consuming both their meat and their eggs.
Am not here to give you a lecture about chickens, rather I will be sharing with you ten great attitudes you could learn from bird.
1. She first lays enough eggs before sitting on them - GOOD PLANNING.
2. When she starts sitting on her eggs, she minimizes movements - DISCIPLINE.
3. She physically loses weight while sitting on her eggs due to decreased feeding - SACRIFICE AND SELF DENIAL.
4. She can sit on eggs from another hen - INDISCRIMINATION AND GENEROSITY.
5. She sits on her eggs for twenty one (21) days, patiently waiting, even if they do not hatch, she will lay eggs again - FAITH, HOPE AND NOT DISCOURAGED.
6. She detects unfertilised eggs and rolls them out - SENSITIVE AND DISCERNING.
7. She abandons the rotten eggs and starts caring for the hatched chicks even if it is only one - WISDOM, CONSCIOUSNESS, AND REALISTIC.
8. No one touches her chicks - PROTECTIVE AND LOVE.
9. She gathers all her chicks together - UNITY OF PURPOSE.
10. She cannot abandon her chicks before they mature - MENTORSHIP.